Sweet Smell of Success


Suzzanne's POV:
Let me just say, I am a big fan of perfumes, a big big fan. There isn't much I haven't tried and my all-time favorite is Child by Susan Dowens. I ordered Child the other day and in the package was a beautiful bookmark. Now, you might be asking right now what in the world does perfume and bookmarks have to do with Colin's photography. Bear with me, I'm getting there....

The bookmark was made out of a very interesting material. It had this cool kind of rubbery, velvety feel to it. Just plain sexy. Well I decided I wanted that material for the new business cards I'm designing for Colin. But, without knowing what it was, I really didn't know how to outsource for these cards. So I emailed Susan Dowens directly. I didn't really expect a response from her directly, but why not give it a shot? And guess what? She personally responded to me and offered to see what she could do. I couldn't believe it. We begin to chit chat via email and of course, I shamelessly promoted Colin's work. Later that day she emails me to say she went to Colin's website and that she "loved, absolutely loved" the "Shipwrecked" image (see below) and that it moved her. Now that's the sweet smell of success....

Labels: , , , , , ,


About this entry